Case Manager – BSc (Hons) OT
Neurological Conditions , Amputees, Complex Trauma, Brain Injury and Spinal Injury
Adolescents 16 – 25 years
Adults 25+ years
South-east, South Central, South London
Naomi has worked as a Case Manager since 2011, specialising in children and adults with catastrophic injuries.
Naomi qualified as an Occupational Therapist in 1998 and began her career in statutory services, specialising in equipment assessment and provision and working with the wider team to secure adaptations for children and adults with physical disabilities. This varied caseload of clients enabled her to develop her assessment skills and work collaboratively to design small adaptations and larger building work to meet the needs of the client, their families and carers.
Following a 6 month break to travel in 2000, Naomi then worked for a number of different organisations, including an NHS community paediatric services, a Special School for children with moderate learning disabilities and a private company which specialises in the assessment and provision of dynamic lycra splinting for children and adults with neurological deficits. These roles enabled her to work as part of multi-disciplinary teams including Speech and Language Therapists, Physiotherapists, Play therapists, Rehabilitation Engineers, Social Workers and Psychologists.
In 2003 Naomi joined the Occupational Therapy team at Chailey Heritage Clinical Services. Here she undertook regular treatment sessions with children and young adults with complex disabilities with a particular interest in assistive technology and play. She also participated and then lead the Posture and Seating Clinics, coordinating the large team of professionals, setting goals and ensuring their implementation.
Naomi started working as a case manager in 2011 and as part of her case management work, has undertaken professional mentorship of a number of case managers, developed new clinical and reporting procedures and been responsible for managing the referrals and case load of the team.
Her case management experience to date includes:
- Experience of recruiting and managing large care teams.
- Supporting families to successfully appeal for Statutory Service funding and continuing health care funding.
- Supporting families through the Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) and tribunal processes.
- Sourced, instructed and managed multi-disciplinary teams to provide rehabilitation treatment programmes.
- Undertaken safeguarding reviews and worked with statutory services and private teams to ensure the safety of the client.
- Managing the purchasing and adaptations of properties for use by the client and their team and family.
- Supported clients through the litigation process and maintained case management after settlement.
- Advanced member of the British Association of Brain Injury Case Managers (BABICM).
Qualifications and Memberships
- BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy (1998).
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT).
- Advanced BABICM Member.
- CMSUK Member.
Naomi is currently an Expert Witness, providing Expert reports for paediatric cases.
Naomi is also a State Registered Occupational Therapist with the Health Care and Professions Council (HCPC) and is based in Eastbourne, East Sussex.
Integrated Case Management, February 2023 – Present
Griffiths Knight CM Limited, 2017 – 2023
Ainscough Associates, 2015 – 2017
Senior Case Manager
Independent Living Solutions, 2010 – 2015
South Downs NHS Trust, Chailey Heritage Clinical Services, 2006 – 2013 Occupational Therapist
Second Skin Neurological Splinting Clinics, 2004 – 2006
Hastings and Rother NHS Trust, Hastings Child Development Centre, 2004 Senior Occupational Therapist
St Mary’s Children’s Trust, St Mary’s School, Bexhill-on-Sea, 2001 – 2004 Occupational Therapist
Various Agencies, 2000 – 2001
Locum Occupational Therapist
East Sussex County Council, Physical Disabilities Team, 1998 – 2000
01202 978900 l firstname.lastname@example.org
See our full portfolio of case managers